Wonderful array of Curtain Fabrics
I am lucky to work with some wonderful fabrics – from beautiful soft silks to luxurious velvet. The very first curtains did not use such nice fabrics – they were made from animal hides placed over doorways or affixed with hooks. Fortunately advancements in textile production, weaving and dyeing saw the introduction of new textiles such as linen and flax, followed by wool and later silk.
Many customers ask me if particular fabrics work well for curtains and blinds. Although I can work with pretty much any fabric certain fabrics are more suited to certain types of window dressing. For example, stiffer fabric such as linen works very well for Roman Blinds while fabrics that drape well such as silk and cotton are excellent for curtains.
Be the first to comment!
Post a comment
Fill out the form below to add a comment.
- Curtains Made for You working in partnership with WeSeeHope
- Add comfort, colour and decoration with handmade cushions
- Gloucestershire curtain maker works throughout the UK
- Different curtain headings create different styles
- Beautiful fabrics...ideal for Curtains and Roman Blinds
- January 2015
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014