Roman Blinds, Rome to Stroud
It's true, Roman Blinds really did originate in Rome
Ever wondered if Roman Blinds really did originate in Rome? Well I can now reveal that they did! Apparently invented in response to the amount of dust generated from carts travelling along unpaved roads and builders chipping away at stone blocks in Mediterranean cities like Rome. So plain pieces of cloth were hung at windows to keep dust out and it was soon realised that they were also useful for temperature control by reducing sunlight penetration. It was much later that roman blinds became not just functional but also the decorative window dressing they are today.
Be the first to comment!
Post a comment
Fill out the form below to add a comment.
- Curtains Made for You working in partnership with WeSeeHope
- Add comfort, colour and decoration with handmade cushions
- Gloucestershire curtain maker works throughout the UK
- Different curtain headings create different styles
- Beautiful fabrics...ideal for Curtains and Roman Blinds
- January 2015
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014