I am occasionally asked for advice on whether or not to clean curtains. My general advice is to try and avoid washing curtain if possible. Curtain cleaning is more feasible for unlined curtains, but even then shrinkage, fading and loss of finish or body can occur. If dust is the main problem, careful vacuuming may work. In the case of lined curtains, there is a real danger if washed, of the main curtain fabric and the lining fabric shrinking at different rates. Particulalrly where it is the lining which is looking dirty or stained, then replacing with new lining fabric is likely to give a much better result.
Be the first to comment!
Post a comment
Fill out the form below to add a comment.
- Curtains Made for You working in partnership with WeSeeHope
- Add comfort, colour and decoration with handmade cushions
- Gloucestershire curtain maker works throughout the UK
- Different curtain headings create different styles
- Beautiful fabrics...ideal for Curtains and Roman Blinds
- January 2015
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014