Different Curtain Headings require Different Fabric Quantities
As part of my curtain making service, I advise customers on how much curtain material to buy. As well as the dimensions of the windows to be covered, the type of curtain heading also determines the amount of fabric required.
As a rule of thumb, pinch pleat headed curtains require the most fabric, typically 2.5 times fullness. Pencil pleat headings typically need 2 times fullness and the most efficient, in terms of material required, are eyelet and tab top headed curtains where typically only 1.5 times fullness may be needed. If buying expensive curtain fabrics, the choice of heading really makes quite a difference to the final price. Check out my curtain headings page for more information.
Be the first to comment!
Post a comment
Fill out the form below to add a comment.
- Curtains Made for You working in partnership with WeSeeHope
- Add comfort, colour and decoration with handmade cushions
- Gloucestershire curtain maker works throughout the UK
- Different curtain headings create different styles
- Beautiful fabrics...ideal for Curtains and Roman Blinds
- January 2015
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014