Austrian Blinds from The Cotswolds
Made in Stroud - Austrian Blinds, Roman Blinds, London Blinds
Well not surprisingly Austrian Blinds first appeared in Austria, and particularly Vienna, in the late 18th Century, a time of great opulence in that part of Europe. Originally made from wool or cotton their elegance fitted perfectly with the aristocratic interior decor of the day. Austrian blinds are somewhere between roman blinds and curtains in style, with more fabric used than in roman blinds providing a much fuller look. To achieve the ruching effect which is a feature of hand made Austrian Blinds is quite time consuming but does produce a really glamorous finish to the decor of a room, especially a lounge.
Be the first to comment!
Post a comment
Fill out the form below to add a comment.
- Curtains Made for You working in partnership with WeSeeHope
- Add comfort, colour and decoration with handmade cushions
- Gloucestershire curtain maker works throughout the UK
- Different curtain headings create different styles
- Beautiful fabrics...ideal for Curtains and Roman Blinds
- January 2015
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014